How to Buy a Car in the USA
Here are some easy steps to buy cars in the USA
Some of USA Sites where you can buy new/used cars:
You can buy your car on auction websites or in a regular one.
2. Make a deposit
In order to use “BUY NOW” and “BID”, you have to place a deposit on your account. The minimum deposit amount is $400 or 10% from the “BID/BUY NOW” amount.
3. Purchasing process Make a bid or use “Buy Now” option.
4. Car Inspection
You could have a Car Inspection Report by a certified technician or to have a vehicle history report of CARFAX.
As part of our international car export service, Car Export America the car transporter provides our customers with inland or ground transportation from anywhere in the US to our facility. We can pick up your car or vehicle from the car dealer, private seller, car trader, liquidation auction, e-bay, car auction and more. When transporting a car from the seller to our prep center.
Container or Ro-Ro (Roll-On Roll-Off)? This depends on the size of your car, total cars being imported. We will advise you based on the type of car best suited to your needs whether Ro-Ro shipping or Container shipping and more importantly the type of vessels available on any particular shipping route. eg may only be a container line only.
Mostly known as the roll-on/roll-off shipping method; this service is highly used mainly for its simplicity and fast handling operation.
Containers have standardized (fixed) dimensions. You can usually find the most common sizes: 20′, 40′, 40’HC (high cube), 45′, 48′ and 53′ available from all exit ports, but some shipping lines may not offer all sizes to specific destinations.
US Customs Clearance Documents
To make sure there are no delays, it is important that we have all the necessary documentation promptly. Below is a list of the minimum required documents to present to US Customs and for most countries destination Customs Clearance:
- To make sure there are no delays, it is important that we have all the necessary documentation promptly. Below is a list of the minimum required documents to present to US Customs and for most countries destination Customs Clearance.
- Bill of sale, invoice or proof of value when importer already owns the car.
- Car Title Original and Copy
- Photo ID: Passport or Driver’s license copy
- Filled out Letter of Intent (we provide to you)
- Providing we have all documentation in advance will allow us to liaise with all authorities to ensure your car can be made available as soon as possible. For more information on what type of clearance best suits your situation please feel free to contact us. This is best discussed prior to the vessel sailing, to ensure the correct documents are complete at origin.
Marine cargo insurance is optional and can be covered under our marine open policy. It is strongly recommended as the liability of the shipping line is limited. All container and conventional vessels clause their bills of lading “shipped on deck at shippers risk.” Some insurance companies will insist on a car inspection report.
Receiving your car at Destination Port
When shipping a full container load the container will be released to the consignee provided. When shipping a less than full container load the container will be assigned to a destination agent who will de-consolidate the cargo to the respective consignees.
The consignee will receive the vehicle at the port using the Original Bill of Lading or Telex release.
The title and OBL will be sent via express courier to the consignee as soon as they are received from the U.S. Customs. Please note BuyToAmerica does not provide customs clearance services at the destination country and it is the client’s responsibility to clear their cargo.